Wednesday, December 30, 2009

SILENT HUMAN - A Squirrel

                                                                 An Unexplored disaster     

Those were the joyous and charming moments to me and might be for a squirrel family. Alas! Squirrel family couldn’t make those moments for long.


I was cheering in the dark night embellished with   black dense clouds, the thundering rain and chilling winds making me feel rapturous and full of life. I was rejoicing a bit frightening but pleasant weather having a glass of hot tea at a dhawa under a tin shade.


Suddenly, I see a nest fell from a neem tree. Two new born baby squirrel shrieking and wailing got thrown out of the nest. Within a few seconds of period both baby Squirrel soaked in the torrential rain.The drops of rain were falling  and pricking on babies' still to open eyes. They were twingeing, crying  but not able to move.A catastrophic welcome of  them in this world!While I was looking on the  disaster of their life and slurping a glass of  hot tea ,the sick at heart mother squirrel came to them, adored both the babies and carried a baby between her jaws. She left the other baby there, might not be able to carry both of them together. A desperate mother Squirrel was looking for a shelter indiscriminately from one tree to another, fighting against heavy rain to salvage her baby Squirrel. But failed! Eventually she got disappeared .Still the other baby squirrel was penetrating in rain, perhaps hoping to its mother Squirrel. It seemed the other baby squirrel was almost dying. What an irony of fate? Where I was being ecstatic, the Squirrel family had been agonizing the weather.


I rationalized this is the life of animals, possibly countless we humankind or 'humancruel' perceive in same manner. And I left from the dhawa.I was reflecting, how well the Squirrel family would be relaxing and jubilating in their nest safe from downpour. On spur of moment bloody incident happened and their life shattered.


I have gone deep with this occurrence and found this is just the nature's fury animals have to fight.But what about the barbarity of  humancruel  they face?

1 comment: